Flashback: Good Girls at Bangkok Part 2

2:56 PM mendozagerlie 1 Comments

Day 2: Temple’s tour with Kitty. Malls tour.

Visiting temples should be one of the main parts of your itinerary during your visit to Thailand. On our 2nd day, we allotted our time with all the temples that we can visit within a day. Wandering around, I was amazed by how the people of Thailand worked and maintain all of those structures and Buddha’s. And they said, detail by detail, they worked on them by hand. Amasas!!!

Some photos I captured during the tour:

On the left is Kitty, our tour guide who is really kind. He takes care of us, even argue with some Thai in circumstances when they take advantage of some tourists. He explains everything about every history and story of Buddha and temples. It’s one of my favorite parts when travelling because I get to know the cultures of the place I’m visit. 


Wat Traimit. It is where the solid golden Buddha is seated.

This is the solid golden Buddha inside Wat Traimit. Kitty said that there was an unimpressive Buddha in the 13th-14th centuries coated with stucco and plaster. But when that Buddha was about to be transferred to another temple, accidentally, the gold hidden underneath was revealed. As they opened the feet of the Buddha, they discovered that it was filled of gold. Later on they formed the gold’s into a solid golden Buddha.


The Reclining Buddha inside Wat Pho.

The Reclining Buddha inside Wat Pho.
                        

Around Wat Pho


Kitty while praying and giving praise



                                 


The view of Grand Palace in the field.


Feet of the Standing Buddha

Day 3:  Chatuchak Market!

And since our third day is a Saturday, it is a very good day to go to Thailand’s weekend market. Yay! This is the largest market in Thailand where more than 8000 stalls sell their goods. There are a lot of people going to this place, you might think that you might get lost in a very huge market as this, but don’t worry because you can get a map of the entire market from the walking policemen around. Also, the entire market is grouped into different sections numbered in series, like Soi 1, Soi 2, Soi 3, etc. and you can see those numbers in streets so you would know where you are in the map.

There’s a funny story though, when I lost Rose and Rita, and we have no contact with each other. I have been waiting for 30 minutes in our meeting place, but they did not come so I panicked. XD What I did was I went to the paging station and asked Rose and Rita to come over. That was really funny because the two cannot understand that their names are being called because of the Thai accent. So what I did was, I asked the crew that I’ll be the one to speak in the mic. J) We laughed so hard when we met. LOL!

Anyway, I wasn’t able to get a lot of pictures in Chatuchak because we were busy and the place is very crowded. Here are some pictures I got.


Foot spa to relieve the pain from walking!


                  
Around Chatuchak


Day 4: Elephant ride. Floating Market. More malls.



My favorite part, feeding the elephant with banana

With our tour guide

Bangkok Village

Floating Market

That’s  all that happened in our DIY Bangkok  travel. Do you think we enjoyed the whole tour? YES! We did! And I’m missing the foods. I’ll post the foods we had later on. :)





You Might Also Like

1 comment: